GUIDE TO BLOGGING!

bloggingguide.jpg

Guide to Blogging

The following points are good key points for google SEO and to generate Traffic to your blog:

1. Use simple words – don’t try to use fancy vocabulary as it makes blog posts harder to read and understand. As a general rule of thumb, use vocabulary that a 5th grader can understand.

2.Use the word “you” – instead of using the word “we” or “them” in your blog posts, use the word “you”. By doing this, what I’m doing is trying to make you feel like it’s just you and me, as if we were sitting down at a café for a cup of coffee.

3. Write how-to posts – people like posts that can teach them something. How-to posts are the perfect way of doing this. My first blog was a top 100 blog on the Internet according to Technorati; I was able to do this because I wrote a lot of how-to posts.

4. Write detailed posts – when I first started Quick Sprout my blog posts weren’t too detailed and the blog wasn’t growing in traffic. Once I started to write more detailed blog posts my traffic started to go through the roof.

5. Hook your readers – from using creative headlines to creating a sense of urgency you need to hook your readers if you want them to read your blog posts. One thing I learned from Copyblogger and Problogger is that using stats in your headlines is a great way to hook readers.

6. Create a conversation – if you’ve noticed, I have a tendency to italicize words within my blog posts and I tend to ask questions at the end. This helps create a conversation with your readers, which will help you get more comments per blog post.

7. Prove your points – if you don’t use stats to back up your points you’ll start to lose credibility with your readers. So start using stats.

8.Show your authority – people have tons of options when it comes to reading blogs, so why should they read yours? If you can show that you are an authority without bragging it can help you win over readers. Just like how I mentioned I was a Technorati 100 blogger above.

9. Care about your readers – the most important aspect of blogging is to care about your readers. Don’t just blog for the sake of it, do it because you want to help people out. From responding to people’s comments to responding to your readers emails, care about them.

Source:

www.quicksprout.com/2011/11/14/neil-patels-guide-to-blogging

Please Comment and Ask Question. Thanks

0 comments: